2020-03-23

Photo of the Week 2020-03-23

Self isolation, social distancing, staying inside, working from home, sheltering in place ... 

Whatever term you choose, it's provided a great opportunity (excuse) for me to isolate at the computer and dive into my archive. Along with recently joining a 'Forgotten Ontario' group on Facebook, this has me revisiting images from past Urbex / Rurex outings. My first "rediscovery" was a series of images I made back in 2009 at the former (now demolished) Massey Ferguson facility in Brantford, ON. Click here to see  the full gallery of images.

Nearing the end of reviewing the almost 200 images, I came across one that had previously not been given more than a cursory look. Whether it's the light cast on the brick wall, the textures, the wonderful colours, the open door or the quirky angles that are just a touch off balancing, I became completely entranced with this one ...


entrance(d)
... so entranced actually that I decided it needed to be printed and framed for the wall.

DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment