2020-03-09

Photo of the Week 2020-03-09

Shooting as much as I do, it's easy for images to slide further and further back into lesser seen sections of the catalogue. I've taken to flagging images in various ways in an effort to minimize this. Some are flagged for future processing, others are processed and flagged as candidates for posting, still others, the best, are flagged to be printed.Still, some fall through the cracks and it's a pleasant surprise when they are "rediscovered".

Recently while performing some file maintenance on the image catalogue recently, I spotted shot that I had planned to work on but, as happens, had found a crack. Perhaps because it is and infrared capture that typically needs some processing to evaluate properly, I had not flagged it, perhaps because I was focused on another series of images. I can't recall.

"Rediscovered", I immediately flagged it and later processed it with standard Red-Blue channel swap, cropped in the Golden Ratio and processed it with a little contrast tweak.

Spring Creek - IR

This week's photo was captured one morning while exploring the backroads of the Bruce Peninsula. After making some conventional exposures of the scene, I used the infrared modified EOS M to capture this scene with 590 nm filter. 



DJE

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks FG.
      As soon as I brought it in to Lightroom and applied my 590nm profile, it grabbed me.

      Delete
  2. i love the contrast of colours! It's always a pleasure to check out the week's feature. - Sheila C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila!
      Glad to have you still following along.
      I think there should be a coffee / tea meet up in the near future.

      Delete
    2. looking forward to it! you know where to find me...

      Delete