2020-03-16

Photo of the Week 2020-03-16

It's the middle of March and I find myself in a time lacking photographic inspiration from the outside world. Gone are the wondrous scenes blanketed in freshly laid layers of snow, the invigorating outings in cold, crisp air. I am resigned to sit patiently and wait for the arrival of spring with it's fresh green new growth, the bright colours of wildflowers and returning birdsong. 

I will still venture out, camera in hand, but these next few weeks are likely to be filled with reflection and anticipation rather than collection of fresh, new images. Knowing this would be the case, I've been flagging photos as possible blog post candidates and will begin this week with one (or two) that I "saved" from an outing just a few weeks ago.

On an outing to capture the frosted fresco provided by Mother Nature along the Wilson Flats, I concluded by driving along the road that follows the Grand River valley west of Elora. On the search for a vantage point to photograph the frosted river valley a roadside frost rimmed tree caught my eye and ...

Sunshine Valley Rimmed in Frost
... it made the perfect foreground for a shot out over the landscape into the morning sun. For the main image, I chose to close down the aperture to f/22 to get the sunburst effect. Other images were made without the sunburst but I prefer this one.

As I frequently do, I made compositions of the scene in both 'landscape' and 'portrait' orientation, both of which worked in this case.

Sunshine Valley Rimmed in Frost II

DJE

2 comments:

  1. I agree, I like both landscape and portrait shots. I especially like how the sun rays were captured in the portrait shot - Sheila C

    p.s. yes, i still follow your photo of the week, either here or in FB, even though I don't always comment. It's a nice way to start the week. I always look forward to the inspiring reflection that comes with the photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sheila. I wish I had made an exposure for the sunburst in 'landscape' mode. I think it o=would have been my favourite.
      Thanks for following along and touching base from time to time. I appreciate it.
      Cheers!

      Delete