2019-08-26

Photo of the Week 2019-08-26

Well ...

... after a recent stumble followed by a stagger (or two), causing me to set about questioning why I photograph, how I photograph, what is it I'm trying to do with my photography, I wasn't making any headway. In fact I felt like I was regressing, going backward and downhill ...

Then as so often happens in life, I had a breakthrough !

Thanks to the suggestions and feedback from a number of people, some close friends and others who serendipitously offered some sage advise. Whether known to them or not, their conversations and comments were very, very helpful.

One suggestion to review the highlights of my blog over the past ten years helped me to reconnect with what inspired me ... amongst other things, this "reinspired" me - Thanks D-L H

Another, in part of a conversation over lunch, helped me to understand how my process of creating images had changed over time and perhaps not for the better from an experiential or gratification perspective - Thanks TB

Others, with their support and urging to continue, to move forward, helped lift my spirits in which I found motivation and energized me sufficiently for me to seek a path forward - Thanks LME, DC, HB and others ...

With renewed vigour, I may just be ... over the rut.


over the rut - IR B&W
In fact, rather than having difficulty finding an image for this week's blog post, I've had difficulty selecting just one from a purposeful and fulfilling outing to McQuillan's Bridge, a local landmark that I've been meaning to capture for some time.

A mid-day outing in full sun, with my Infrared converted EOS M, resulted in a collection of captures that I processed with various plugins to create B&W and False Colour IR images. It's been a while since I've been so satisfied with the experience and results of an outing.

DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment