2019-07-08

Photo of the Week 2019-07-08

Sometimes you just need to pick up the camera and go for a walk ...

almost there
 ... with a destination and image in mind.

This time of year I knew the sun was setting farther north, around the point from our place. Lake Huron water levels up about a meter since we got our place in 2013 and we can no longer taken the chairs out past the tree line to sit and watch sunset.

Having given some thought to a location that would provide foreground for the backdrop of a beautiful sunset, I gathered up a camera and mounted the lens I'd need for my intended composition. Then I checked the time against the weather app on my phone that gives a precise expectation for the hour & minute of sunset. I grabbed some insect repellent to apply along the way and headed out the door.

Fifteen minutes later I was on location, checked a couple of variations for the final composition and 'click' ... or in this case 'click, click, click' and I had what I came for.
 
DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment