2019-07-15

Photo of the Week 2019-07-15

Too many sunsets ... ?

Huron Horizon
Researching infrared photography recently, I came across a photographer by the name of A. Cemal Ekin  and while perusing his blog I found the post I've linked to in the opening line above (what? wait? that was a link? yup!). 

His take on photographing subjects that may have been photographed repeatedly by yourself and/or others many, many times, mirrors my feeling on the topic. I was particularly struck by how he used the example of sunset photos to illustrate his point. Those familiar with my work know that sunsets are a favourite subject for my photographs and each time I photograph one, I strive to capture what I see and feel and each time it's different.

To me, a sunset is not a sunset, is not a sunset. In other words, I find each one unique. Working to capture that uniqueness is the challenge and my goal. As Cemal writes (or as I interpret what writes), it is "reseeing” with a new eye", reseeing each sunset as a unique scene.

I'm sure some viewers might fail to appreciate the uniqueness and "see" just another sunset. In Cemal's words "That’s fine; somebody has not seen it yet".

Here's another of my other compositions from the sunset kayak outing.


Cemal has many informative and intriguing posts on is blog as well as some great photography on his website 'Kept Light Photography'. I'll be visiting regularly to be further inspired.

DJE 

No comments:

Post a Comment