2018-12-31

Photo of the Week 2018-12-31


A lovely stone house once stood on this location ... that is until a troubled soul decided to torch it along with numerous other structures in the Guelph-Eramosa-Puslinch-Erin area. 

It has been demolished and a favoured subject for my lens is no more ...


phantom homestead
I had visited this location a number of times, always keeping a respectful distance. In the beginning, it looked as if someone might still be living there. Then later the windows were boarded up.

And then the unthinkable ... it was torched.

Twice an image of this quaint stone structure graced a page in my annual calendar ... and I suspect it may again for the 2020 edition.

First an image from 2012 when I caught it sitting ever so peacefully in the mist...


Next from 2017 after I learned that it had succumbed to flame and freshly boarded windows made it look as if the lights were still on ...


A suspect has been arrested and charged with 7 counts of arson, but not for the fire that destroyed this favoured subject. In all over 20 suspicious fires were recorded through 2016,17,18 and several other structures that I had enjoyed photographing no longer stand

from Guelph Mercury October 30, 2017

What a shame ...

DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment