2016-11-28

Photo of the Week 2016-11-28

I've been wanting to hike to Overhanging Point for some time and finally made the trek this weekend with Jordan and Lynn. We took the Marr Lake Trail to Georgian Bay for something different and what a pretty little trail it is. Our 'little' hike provided some unexpected wonder when we decided to take a route along the shore rather than the Bruce Trail that climbs up the escarpment to Overhanging Point. We scrambled through a couple of cave openings and around several large fallen limestone boulders to find wondrous views and formations.
 
wondrous view

Jordan was our leader and thanks to him pushing (pulling actually) Lynn and I along, we were able to pass under the overhang and scramble up the escarpment to connect with the Bruce Trail and take it back. Along the way we were treated to nature's fresh, moist smells, forest floors cushioned with cedar duff, natural limestone steps along with the gorgeous lookouts.

I'm glad I took my phone with me as I had forgotten the backup battery to the camera I was using and .... yes, the battery died, just as we arrived at the most picturesque spot. The image above ws made with my iPhone and pushed hard in Adobe Lightroom.



DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment