2016-11-07

Photo of the Week 2016-11-07

It was a great week for photography. Twice during the work week, I grabbed some time to make a few images while the light was inviting. 
First thing Tuesday morning I had dental surgery and booked the day off work planning to rest and enjoy the painkillers ... but on my way home the light in a local forest grabbed my attention so I stopped and wandered about with my camera, at least until the freezing started to come out ;-)
I've already shared a couple of the images from this outing on my flickr page here and here. Then there was another medical appointment first thing Thursday morning and on the way there crossing the Gordon Street bridge over the Speed River the scene was just too good to pass so I stopped and grabbed this and this before making it the the doctor's office on time.
By the time the weekend arrived you might think that my photo quota had been filled, but I was off to Tobermory to check on some mouse traps set the previous week (an excuse for a solo weekend in paradise). Before heading out for a photo outing on Saturday morning I grabbed this with my iPhone. When I got to my intended location for photography, I strapped on both DSLR's bandoleer style and went about capturing the fall colour on the fen at Singing Sands BPNP which shots like this.
So it's been a tough one trying to pick the Photo of the Week this week and I'm quite pleased that this is the case. There are sometimes when everything seems just right for photography and I'll take that whenever I can get it ! From the first outing on Tuesday (so I don't get too far ahead and forget about it)  ...


fall leaves in morning light

DJE

1 comment: