2016-06-27

Photo of the Week 2016-06-27

I do so enjoy the cycle of nature, the coming and going of seasons, wildlife emerging and the arrival of their offspring, the leafing out of the trees and forest. Spring wildflowers emerging bring colour to freshen the landscape and I search in familiar places for those found in previous years.

As spring gave way to summer, I've been watching a spot along a familiar roadside for the return of the Blue Flag Iris. Driving along as we arrived for our stay, I noticed that it now fully emerged since our last visit and knew I would have only a short time to capture it in full bloom. Returning the next morning with my 5DIII and 150 Sigma Macro, I spent as much time as Murphy would allow, trying to get some decent shots of it.

 
Blue Flag Iris - I
Blue Flag Iris - II
I first found this delicate little beauty on my morning walks up north where it was there to greet me as we started our days ... but only for a short time ... until it's season is done.
 
DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment