2015-11-09

Photo of the Week 2015-11-09

I've been making greeting cards featuring my images for the past several years. It started with a series of cards I made in support of selling my framed fine art prints at the Guelph Studio Tour a few years back. They didn't sell well at the time, likely due to how I priced them in comparison to those available from others at the time ... but that's another discussion.

After the tour, I was left with a number of cards and ended up using them myself, at suitable times. I still have a few of those original cards tucked away. Since that initial batch however, I have continued to make cards, singles for birthdays and special occasions and an annual series each year for the family Christmas Card.
 
I always make a card for Lynn's birthday and this year I wanted to use an image of the boys since they were coming home to celebrate the occasion. I knew she'd appreciate something that included them so I selected something from our walk down to the beach on our recent visit trip to Toronto for Thanksgiving dinner.
 

I also decided to continue my experimentation with post processing applications and techniques on this image to create something different from a rather simple shot. I printed the card and a companion fine art print for Lynn to pin up in her workspace so she can be close to her boys.

DJE

1 comment: