2015-11-23

Photo of the Week 2015-11-23

I decided to explore some different trails outside of Guelph near Starkey Hill recently ... the experience of a new trail can provide just what the doctor ordered when I'm in the  photographic doldrums. This was a bit of that, but more about getting out, immersing myself in the forest.

With the colour of fall now deposited on the forest floor, moist, brown and returning nutrients to begin the cycle again, my eye turned to subject, form and pattern as I walked the unfamiliar route. Though I was close enough to hear nearby traffic from time to time, the periods of forest silence were incredible. They gave me cause to stop and simply take it all in, the wind through the limbs, birdsong overhead, squirrels scampering around ... but there was something else. At one point I had the feeling I was being watched ...
Watcher of the Woods
... and maybe I was. 

DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment