2015-09-28

Photo of the Week 2015-09-28

While vacationing at the cottage last week, we said farewell to Summer 2015 and welcomed Autumn initially with summer like weather but I'm sure that will change quickly. It was a great week weather-wise to be off and enjoying the Bruce.

Rich read and orange fall colour is never widespread on the Bruce with relatively few maple and oak compared to other areas of the province. There was however a discernible golden hue to the forests as the birch, aspen and poplar start to don their fall colours. Here and there the odd maple was showing some measure of colour, but I was hard pressed to find anything suitable to photograph in vibrant red.

While driving up last weekend, I noticed several spots along the highway where the limestone of the escarpment was exposed and thought of an idea for an image. Then on Saturday on the way to Lion's Head for a visit the market, I noticed this little maple perched up on the rock, struggling to be seen amongst the green.



... funny how on the drive home Sunday afternoon, I saw more trees in colour than Saturday when I was actively looking, more than the whole prior week for that matter. Maybe I was looking too hard or maybe leaves are just changing that quickly.

DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment