2014-08-11

Photo of the Week 2014-08-11

As a photographic exercise, I spent a couple of hours or more early Sunday morning along the shoreline immediately in front of our cottage. I was simply looking around, capturing the light from the rising sun as it washed over the landscape.

Sometimes I sat, sometimes I stood, sometimes I knelt, just taking it all in and getting different points of view. At first the air was still and carried only the sounds of gulls and terns. Then the rumble of a large passing sailboat, under power, headed out on Lake Huron off Cape Hurd. Gradually the sounds of neighbouring cottagers rising to begin their day could be heard travelling over the still water of the bay, a door closing here, voices over there. This was the background music as my eyes continued to sweep over the terrain, picking out details like grass glistening with dew in the low angle of sunlight, reflections on still water, shadows on the textured rock.

I lost myself and lost track of time for a while. How wonderful. What a way to start my day. There are images to be found in any scene, just let yourself get lost in the process. 

the ground at my feet
morning, in the light of rising sun, near water's edge

DJE

1 comment:

  1. There is such a peaceful feel to the early morning, where on reconnects with oneself and nature. It is in your image.

    ReplyDelete