2014-02-24

Photo of the Week 2014-02-24

Sometimes the photographic itch is there, yet inspiration and ideas are lacking. This weekend was one of those times. Thankfully my regular photo buddy had an idea to try something a bit different. Although I was skeptical at first, I decided to go with him to a local nursery and garden store that he said had some potential for photography and a bit of sketching.
 
The nursery has a large selection of plants, cacti and several greenhouses to wander through, but it was their massive selection of pots and planters that got my attention. After spotting an area of black planters and making my first images of the day, I still wandered around for another hour making images of shapes, patterns, colours and shades in the sunlight streaming through the transparent greenhouse roof.

Belgian Black Planters
Belgian Colour Pots


Belgian Teal-Green Pots


... I even took the time to sit and do a couple of quick sketches, one with a new brush pen given to me recently (and experiment with adding watercolour later).

  
A Pile of Pots 




DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment