2014-02-03

Photo of the Week 2014-02-03

Here in Ontario we are in the middle of a "good old fashion Canadian winter". Memories of winters with lot's of snow are being stirred, fond memories of my youth, playing outside in the snow until I was wet and cold through to the bone. Winter really is better if you embrace it and find something to do outdoors when the scenery is blanketed in white.

... of course there are many who would disagree. In fact I think they are all bitc... errrr, complaining over on Facebook. It' has become something of a chore for me to check in on FB and wade through the moaning a groaning on my feed to get to the little bit there that's worth reading. Ahhh ... the burden of having a social media presence, but I digress.

This past weekend, I enjoyed time outside on local trails because we have been unable to get to our cottage. The main and only highway to Tobermory has been closed due to weather conditions. Relentless snow squalls and blowing snow for more than a week, have made road conditions poor enough that the route was completely closed. Although I'm quite keen to get up there to check on our place and capture the winter landscape.

Sooooo ... close to home, there was the Arboretum at University of Guelph. A fresh blanket of undisturbed snow made for some great winter scenes.

window onto winter


DJE

2 comments:

  1. Too tame for me....lol...the whole Tobermory snow squall wild frenzy outside the window creating havoc sounds more interesting.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Great to hear from you Janice. I'm hoping to get to Tobermory this weekend to dig out the cottage and see how it came through the recent weather.

      Delete