2013-03-11

Photo of the Week 2013-03-11

Over time quite a few ideas for photographic projects have crossed my mind. Usually after something I've seen, read or after conversations with other photographers. For several months, I've been wanting to assemble folios containing a collection of five to ten images with a common theme or subject.

I recently did that with a six print set of my images of shoreline rock from Killarney last fall and was very satisfied with the work, so satisfied that I decided to work on another series of images from the fall. This series is of the colourful fall leaves reflected in the evening waters of Charlton Lake as we returned by pontoon boat to the lodge from a full day of shooting.

Our host was good enough to slowly circle around the west end of the lake as several of us shot, capturing the beautiful LaCloche scenery. I already had many images of the shoreline rock and was looking for something different when I noticed the reflections of the fall leaves near waters edge. If I waited until the boat was in just the right position, the reflections on the water created stunning abstract patterns.


This is a set of six images assembled as a 2x3 panel in Photoshop. When complete, the individual images will be printed on 8.5x11 fine art paper with border and title block suitable for framing as shown by the sample below. Final presentation will consist of all six prints packaged as a set in a high quality archival folio cover. This project is not quite done ... but getting very close.


DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment