2013-03-04

Photo of the Week 2013-03-04


I am always drawn to the sight of the brown leaves of the beech tree against the background of winter forests. Whether it's the dark green of the hemlock, the stark grey-brown of leafless maples or, as in this image, the bright clean white of the snow covered forest floor, the leaves of the beech in their winter brown provide a splash of colour and interest to the scene.


beginnings of a beech grove

As one of my colleagues on this outing pointed out, I can get "single minded" in my pursuit of an image that captures what I feel when in such surroundings. On this occasion, there were many opportunities for images of yellow birch, hemlock, cedar old and new. But it was this grouping of young beech on the side of a hill that pulled me well of the trail to a vantage point that would eliminate the distraction and foreground clutter of the forest.


DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment