2013-01-28

Photo of the Week 2013-01-28

Sunday morning began just like most other Sundays, I was up at 5:00 am, made coffee, sat and read in the living room for a bit before heading downstairs to the PC to work on some images. After a while, I heard Lynn up and she came down and asked when I wanted to go for our hike. I'd been away at an out of town hockey tournament Friday and Saturday and had promised her we would go for a hike when I was back. Obviously she was not going to let me forget ;-)

Since Murphy needed his morning walk, we decided to go as soon as we could be ready. Driving south of Guelph, we could see a hoar frost covering everything and backlit with the morning sun. I was hopeful we could reach the location I had in mind before the sun would rise too high. Lynn had no idea where we going until I pulled up to park on the road beside the sign at the entrance to Fletcher Creek.

cold blue dawn
As we entered the preserve, I was immediately struck by the magical feel with the sun backlighting all the branches and grasses. I began looking for a spot were the sun was streaming over the cedars to illuminate an area otherwise surrounded by dark and found this ... mission accomplished.

DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment