2013-02-04

Photo of the Week 2013-02-04

It was cold and blustery when I headed out Saturday morning. I had planned on exploring more of the trails around Silver Creek Conservation area but the blowing snow pulled me to Scotsdale Farm with thoughts of windswept fields rather than the relative protection of the forest.

Driving along the entrance off Trafalgar Rd., an old long abandoned laneway lined with pines seemed a fitting place to gear up and leave the warmth of the vehicle. A short walk back from where I parked let me size up the location for an opening shot of the day ... and sometimes the first is simply the best. I processed this image as high key B&W to emphasize the weather conditions at the time.   

fighting the wind

February Fence
There were a number of shots to be had in and around the area of the laneway. I spent some time walking around (with hands in pockets) sizing up the pines, the fences and the field grass before making this second image of the rail fence.

It was an unusual outing for me in the fact that I only made something in the neighbourhood of 20 images during the entire morning ... and I had these two, plus another from a roadside location on the drive home that I consider quite acceptable.

DJE

2 comments: