2013-01-07

Photo of the Week 2013-01-07

There are some that tell me that I have a "knack" or "an eye" for making images, that I see things differently, find interesting in the everyday ...

While this may be true, just as importantly, as I seek to advance my photography I spend more time looking, listening and feeling what is around me. Many of my images will show scenes and details in nature but there are also those from more urban settings and of friends and family. Whether it's flickering light through a winter forest, the sparkle in an eye, the rustling of fall leaves, friendly laughter or the warmth of the sun's rays, to an increasing  degree I am successfully opening up to my surroundings and allowing myself to respond by capturing what it is that moves me.

As I progress on this journey, I am learning to listen not only with my ears, but with my eyes, my heart and my soul. The things that I hear move me deeply.   

just walk and listen ...
" the earth has music for those who listen " 
                                     William Shakespeare

DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment