2013-01-14

Photo of the Week 2013-01-14

I'm finding that a significant portion of the images making the cut from my recent outings are those made with a longer focal length. This allows me to isolate an element or portion of the scene that I see before me. A good example is this image made at Ragged Falls during my recent trip to Algonquin Park and the surrounding area.

This falls is long and cascading with access at various levels possible providing you exercise caution and work your way slowly over the terrain. For this image, I managed to get down a level or two from the top of the falls and use a medium telephoto zoom lens to shoot back across one of the small pools of tea coloured water.

Running Ragged
I find it intriguing how creating landscape images this way results in an intimate and incomplete presentation of the scene, allowing the viewer to use their imagination to complete the picture in their mind's eye.

DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment