2013-01-01

First Light 2013

For the 5th year, I took part in a photo challenge to capture "First Light" of the new year. "First Light" being at or as close to official sunrise as possible regardless of whether the sun is actually visible. The idea was floated by a good friend not long after we had met through the on line photo community. He had been going solo in past years and invited me along. I'm glad he did.

The first year was a little rough because I had been out celebrating with friends in the neighbourhood and got home late (or early depending on how you look at it). I managed to rise for the occasion and realized that I was in no shape to drive anywhere so I just walked down the street in a blizzard until something representing "First Light" caught my eye. In subsequent years I have planned better and refrained from over celebrating.

This year, we decided to meet on the UofG Campus and see what we could capture.

Johnston Rising to First Light
Another year, another tradition. Capturing First Light at the invitation of a friend. This year, UofG Johnston Hall Clock Tower at Sunrise, 7:54 am. 

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE !
I wish you all a Happy, Healthy and Safe 2013. 

DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment