2011-11-20

Photo of the Week 2011-11-21

It's gratifying when someone new notices one of your images and goes out of their way to mention it. Recently one of my friends passed on a comment from someone he knows back in England that saw this one online. Apparently they thought that my aluminum canoes image was "corker".
I had to check and make sure a "corker" was a good thing, and according to my friend, a Brit himself, it is.

So here you have it ...

aluminum canoes



I made this image while up north near Algonquin Park recently. Lynn and I had been out for a hike before breakfast and returned to enjoy some coffee and mid morning dining at the resort. It was on the way back to our villa that I noticed a number of canoes hauled up on a dock resting after what I suspect was a long summer of hard use. The way they were arranged caught my eye, as did the morning sun glinting off their bruised and battered hulls.

By the way, not made with my most expensive camera gear, just with the camera I had with me at the time. Although, I am glad that it was a high end "point & shoot", the G12. This camera provides a quality file that I can make decent size prints from.
I need to find a spot to hang this one ...

DJE

1 comment:

  1. Indeed - a fine image, worthy of a hanging spot.

    Ian
    Victoria, BC

    ReplyDelete