2011-11-07

Photo of the Week 2011-11-07

cascading waters

It had been a while since my last visit to Everton, a favourite location for a short, relaxing photo walkabout. I last blogged about this enchanting little spot nearly two years ago.

Normally, I would approach a photo outing at Everton with my tripod, neutral density filters and the idea of making some long time exposures to show the water smooth and creamy as it rushes and flows over a series of drops to become the quiet river again. On this outing, I took a bit different approach and walked the area probing around into new reaches, looking for something new...

... but I found myself drawn to one particular scene that I photograph on virtually every visit to Everton. There is a spot where the translucent waters of the Eramosa plunge almost a metre into a pool rounded out by years of scouring. In order to get the view back up the narrow channel one must climb onto an outcrop of limestone that extends out and into the cascade. The colour of the water can vary from brown to green depending on the time of year and lighting conditions. On this occasion, I chose to capture the greenish hues with a short exposure to bring out the turbulent character of the cascading waters.

DJE

2 comments:

  1. Andrea Cartwright7 November 2011 at 08:24

    WOW.... magical!!!! Reminds me of a similar waterfall in Northern Ireland... MESMERIZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Andrea.
    This is a favourite spot of mine to photograph. The sound of the rushing water is soothing and blocks out any background noise ... I get lost in the process of making images when I am there.

    ReplyDelete