2011-08-27

then and now ...

I created this composite image in CS5 to be printed and framed as a gift to the "little girl" shown in her Grandmothers arms almost 90 years ago.

then and now


My wife's Aunt Veronica (Verna) turned 90 recently and family members gathered in Victoria BC to celebrate the occasion. The original B&W image is circa 1923 when Verna was photographed in the arms of her grandmother on the porch of the family home in Toronto.

I met Verna almost 30 years ago, not long after Lynn and I got together. I can't remember exactly when, but I do remember being told "you have to meet Verna", on more than several occasions. It was always communicated with such warmth and emotion that I new she was something special.

... special alright. So full of life and down to earth. I've always enjoyed the times Lynn and I get to visit with Verna. There have been far to few. It was wonderful to connect again and get my hugs from her and catch up. Here's to ya darlin'.

DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment