2011-08-29

Photo of the Week 2011-08-29

beach dragon


On our last day in Ucluelet there was a light mist in the morning air so I decided to head down to a beach at the entrance of Terrace Bay. I was hoping for a new vantage point for some misty sea side images. There was a set of access stairs leading down off the Wild Cost Trail, down the cliff to a rock beach.

... I had time to explore while the others slept or started their morning ritual and prepared for our departure later in the morning. I thought to hell with the wildlife warnings when using the trails early in the morning, I wasn't going far...

... then, reaching the bottom of the stairs and cleared the last tree I ran straight into the "beach dragon" - LOL

Well that's what I think it looked like. An interesting piece of driftwood was beached among the rocky shore exposed at low tide. I worked this subject for quire a while, stalking it from all around and all angles. Finally I moved on, there was so much to capture from this new vantage point. Some time later, I looked back at the dragon and started working it from another vantage point farther away. I stayed on the beach photographing for a long time, then realized that I had to get back, the others would wonder where I was.

... damn, I had to get to the stairs and that meant passing just within reach of the beach dragon ;-)
You know, as I walked by, I swear it moved !

DJE



No comments:

Post a Comment