2011-08-15

Photo of the Week 2011-08-15

from the shade of a tree


...sometimes you just need to take a coffee break in the shade of a tree. In this case I had been on the road since early morning making inspection visits as my work duties require. It was well after lunch and I just really needed to stop and grab a coffee and sit down for 10 minutes to gather my thoughts in preparation for the next item on my "to do" list for the day.

What better place than under the shade of a tree. One with a magnificent view that just happened to be close to where I had pulled off the highway. I had photographed this location before in the fall and knew it would provide shade in the heat and mid-day sun and temporary isolation from the buzz.

When I arrived, there were a couple other people there enjoying the location and as I exited the car, I knew I just had to take a couple minutes to make a few images looking out over the river. Times like these are exactly why I try to always carry a camera. Lately I have been making sure that I take both my G6 (converted for IR) and my G12 when I leave the house in the morning. The G6 and IR was perfect for this mid-afternoon scene in strong sun with fluffy white clouds and green leaves all around.

This is one to add you my own version of The Book of Awesome.

DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment