2010-12-05

Photo of the Week 2010-12-06

I was doing some printing and framing over the weekend to fulfill some requests for images as gifts for Christmas and Lynn asked me to print another one of these. The first one I framed and it hangs in the house where it frequently reminds me of our wonderful trip to Quebec City in 2009.

Quebec Streetscape


Lynn and I were relaxing after dinner on Sunday and she remarked that her favourite images of mine are the ones when she was there and can recall experiencing the scene first hand. It's an interesting point. I guess that's why I love going back through my image library. There are thousands of images. Every one brings back the emotion of experiencing the scene when I first made the image.

That can be something easily lost with the medium of digital photography ... the images are archived to disc and not printed out or viewed after that. Whether it's by the photographer, a family member or friend ... images should be experienced and enjoyed. Unless the photographer takes the time to go back through the library ... or to load them to a computer screen saver ... or best of all to print and display, the joy from one's own images can be lost .

Photographers, make sure you go back through the library, digital or analog, enjoy your images. Print them. Load them on digital frames. Post them on the interwebs ... I do and I enjoy.

DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment