2010-08-08

Photo of the Week 2010-08-09

father & son


Sometimes images just unfold in an instant lasting only a fleeting moment.
On our first day in Watkins Glen while waiting for the footbridge over the gorge to clear of visitors to get a shot, a father and son came around the corner and BAM !!

It was an instinctive reaction that caught just one of those moments.

After I took the shot, I showed the mother on the LCD. We were on a narrow pathway and blocking others wanting to pass so I moved to let them by and the family carried on. I really wish that I had given them one of my cards or got an email address from them. I would want an image like this for the family album if the tables were turned .... I'll be better prepared next time.

DJE

2 comments:

  1. DOUG! I AM SPEECHLESS, WHICH IS RARE WITH ME AND THIS SHOT DID IT. UNBELIEVABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning. I hope they see this and contact you :-)

    ReplyDelete