2023-02-13

Photo of the Week 2023-02-13

 
' winter homestead '
 
This place has been photographed many times and when I had the opportunity to stop by in the middle of a blizzard, I knew it would allow me to capture something different ... that and a little work in post  gave me the stark, cold, isolated look I wanted.
 
I've managed to get out and photograph during what winter weather we have had here in Southern Ontario. It's been a very mild winter, so far, with only two or three significant snowfall events, and then the snow hasn't remained on the ground long afterwards with temperatures rising to unseasonally warm levels just days after the snowfall. I'm confident that winter is not over yet, however I am not confident that that there will be more opportunity for the winter photography that I so love ... at least not until next year.

Not willing to give up yet, I am thankful for the brief periods of winter I was able to enjoy in the Rideau Lakes area and on the Bruce Peninsula to this point in 2023.

#frozenfingerphotographer
 
DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment