2022-10-31

Photo of the Week 2022-10-31

 
The Elevated Park is one of a kind, a novel concept, an iconic railway bridge converted into a park. Just the idea intrigued me, and so did some of the photos I'd seen in an online article. So what did I do? I made note of the spot, and when I had occasion to be in St. Thomas, ON a couple of weeks back I paid a visit not really knowing what I might be able to photograph.

As it turned out, access was restricted (boo) where there was a significant amount of construction taking place on the municipal roads running under the bridge. The park itself was open, offering nice views of the Kettle Creek Valley in fall colours.

I walked the length of the bridge, stopping frequently to take in the view. At one spot, a single tree on the valley slope caught my eye. With a white trunk against the yellow, orange and green it stood out, as if posing for me ...
 
' Sycamore Posing 2.0 '

Note: the main image is titled 2.0 because it's a slightly cropped version of the original as it was composed in camera.

Following are a few additional shots documenting my visit to "a park in the sky, some 95 feet over the Kettle Creek valley.
 






 
 
DJE 

No comments:

Post a Comment