2022-09-12

Photo of the Week 2022-09-12

' log 'n stone '
 
Infrared capture using Kolari IRChrome filter on a dual-spectrum converted (visible & infrared) Canon EOS M camera.
 
I recognize that not everyone enjoys the many different looks of infrared imagery, I do though, very much. I enjoy experimenting with the variety of processing options,, learning more as I go along. It offers a change of pace and can help keep the creative juice flowing.
 
For this image, the filter-camera combination produced an 'aerochrome'-like image with red foliage, blue skies and otherwise normal colouring for the rest of the scene. Typically such an image would be processed to emphasize the red and blue. I arrived at a version that does exactly the opposite and decided I like it. Far from the actual lush green of leaves and grasses, there is enough 'reality' in this set against the lifeless brown to intrigue the viewer.
 
DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment