2021-08-09

Photo of the Week 2021-08-09

My photography covers a broad range of subject matter, I do not specialize, I do not limit myself. There is however one underlying constant ... I was there, I saw it, I photographed it because it moved me visually.
 
I recently had another visit with Matt (my son) and Claire at Revolve Farms, their CSA farm garden near Athens ON. It was a wonderful couple of days, sleeping in a tent under the stars, listening to the crickets, coyotes, farm dogs, owls and loons through the night before the rooster alarm clock went off (at 4am). Again I learned as they shared their passion for what they do and the knowledge of what they have learned.
 
I spent some time documenting what I saw in the garden, around the farm and as I explored the surrounding area and have a number of exposures to review and edit. One subject I was looking forward to photographing was the garlic crop that had been harvested and was hung to cure in the barn ...

Garlic Curing I

Garlic Curing II



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Garlic Curing III
 
Garlic Curing IV    

Garlic Curing V
 
... though curing prepares the garlic for long tern storage, it can be used uncured in recipes. Thanks to Lynn, I can attest to how delicious that is.
 
DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment