2021-08-16

Photo of the Week 2021-08-16



Happy Macro Monday !

'
' Up Close with Harry '

I'm always checking our cottage pollinator patch to see what new additions there are, plants and insects. As far as I have been able to determine, this is a Fall Webworm Moth Caterpillar. The colour apparently varies quite a bit so, as always, I stand to be corrected.

When I first noticed this caterpillar it seemed rather plain, but upon closer examination, there was quite a bit of interesting colour under those black and white hairs and I thought it would make an interesting image if I could get an angle to show them and use the shallow depth of focus on my 150mm macro. As it turns out, I added the 1.4x converter for better positioning of my tripod legs and was able to get this 'up close' perspective.

Before getting set up for the image above, I made a more conventional image to document and assist with identification.


DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment