2021-06-28

Photo of the Week 2021-06-28

Hummingbirds of Revolve Farms
 
On a recent visit to Matt & Claire's Revolve Farms location in Athens ON, we were treated by an appearance of the local Ruby-throated Hummingbirds.
 
Ruby-throated Male

Ruby-throated Female

These two were in frequent attendance at the feeder outside the tiny-home window and I imagine provide much entertainment when Matt & Claire are taking respite from their daily work regimen.

feeder outside the window

It was challenging to get the sharp images I would prefer without my 'birding' setup of the Canon 7DII with EF100-400 L IS. The EOS M5 and Sigma 18-300 performed acceptably but I look forward to going back to see just how much I can improve my results.

The above images of the birds are crops from the frames below which include the feeder. The Hummers did land on the branches holding the feeder and I would like more time to focus on making better images without being a distracted, disrespectful guest.





 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
DJE

2 comments: