2020-04-20

Photo of the Week 2020-04-20


I knew little of Windfields Farm before it caught my eye while driving by sometime early in 2012. I first photographed the gates and exterior fences on a snowy February day and returned on at least 3 additional occasions, twice entering the abandoned, vacant property to photograph what was then a deteriorating Canadian icon. This is the third recent 'Photo of the Week' post featuring those images from Windfields.

As I have revisited, remembered and reprocessed, the image below stands out and continues to have a haunting effect on me. Marked as Barn #1, I envision it as the barn where the cream of the crop would have been housed. It was by far the most well appointed of the barns I was able to explore.

While inside, as I explored, looking for a composition to capture the disintegrating equine luxury, I could almost hear the neighing, snorting and the sound of hooves from famous thoroughbreds in the chilling icy silence.

High Rent District


DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment