2018-10-15

Photo of the Week 2018-10-15

With a 'fall colours' outing planned by the local photography group, there was a solid option of staying closer to home over the weekend ...

... but points north were calling, and though unsettled weather dumped rain frequently enough to seemingly catch a photographer whenever they were out of the vehicle, I managed enough images to feed this and a number of future blog posts. 

Such it is that the autumn season has to offer outdoor photography. The greatest challenge proved selecting a single image for this week's post ... and so I decided on one from the first planned stop from the trek north.

Rocky Saugeen - Autumn Mill Pond


I'd been wanting to stop and visit this location again ever since capturing the scene in winter several years ago with an image that long time followers may recall.




I'm glad I finally made plans to stop on this trip, and the sun even worked hard to make an appearance to cast some golden glow while I was stopped shooting. This is one of those locations that begs for a return visit to capture the scene through the seasonal changes, certainly fall and winter to my eye anyway.

I'll be revisiting my library of images to screen for other locations that deserve return visits to capture changes through the seasons or over time. I'm sure there may be a few I've overlooked.

DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment