2018-08-20

Photo of the Week 2018-08-20



For this week's photo, I chose to do a photographic study on a unique bottle of Mezcal delivered by special courier (my son) early Friday morning (when I picked him up at the airport). Ilegal Mezcal, Anejo, Special Edition, a smoky distant cousin of Tequila, is something I took a liking to while on a recent trip to Guatemala, so I asked Matt if he would bring me back a bottle.

Using the strong afternoon sunlight diffused through the sheer curtains of the living room, I set the bottle on an antique wood surface to provide a warm tone that would compliment the golden amber of the nectar inside.

Shot with a combination of a 24-105 f/4 zoom lens and 150 f/2.8 macro lens, I assembled these six shots into a 'tych' collage ... before the bottle was opened 'cause things could have gotten a little blurry ;-)

Here are a B&W and distressed versions of the tych. I prefer the straight colour version.

Your thoughts?

Think about it while I have another shot ...

DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment