2018-02-26

Photo of the Week 2018-02-26


brew monster
Ever come back from a photo outing and Blah .... everything is just Blah?

Why not take a step back, walk away for a bit or set out on a little creative journey to try some alternate processing?

A recent outing with one of my photo groups took us to a local micro brewery / pub for an hour of shooting before the "paying customers" started rolling in to quench their thirst. I had taken a couple of my lesser used lenses to see what I might be able to create. 

As it turned out I spent more time chatting, with some of the others I hadn't seen in a while, than shooting ( I did have a very nice Oatmeal Stout though ;-). When I got home and downloaded the images, there wasn't anything that looked worthy of further attention and I was disappointed ... 

... fast forward to the next morning and a few clicks into an editing app that I use from time to time and ... things got a little better. I ended up spending a few pleasurable hours trying out some different options while listening to some great music ... nice way to spend a Sunday morning.

DJE

4 comments:

  1. This is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What software did you use Doug? I love the "brew monster" shot you have featured here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shari, there is a software plugin for Photoshop called Smart Photo Editor. I mostly use it for the community sourced library of effects. Some of them are extreme but it gets the creative juices flowing. Give it a try.

      Delete
    2. ... keep in mind the original shot was made with an 8mm fisheye in crop sensor.

      Delete