2018-02-19

Photo of the Week 2018-02-19

Community events, ceremonies and celebrations present a great opportunities to photograph something different than might be the norm for me and for you. Having a camera along and ready allows me to capture images at any point of the event or pre/post event moments.

A recent visit to Ottawa while Winterlude 2018 was in it's last weekend, provided opportunity to visit the ice sculpture displays in Confederation Park on a chilly after dinner walk. From previous years, I knew it would be a great opportunity for some night photography with the displays colourfully lit and glowing in the dark.

This blocky ice structure lit from below caught my eye and beckoned for me to make this frigid abstract image ...

blocked
For those interested in the geeky bits, I was using my EOS M3 auto ISO (1600 for this image) a 18-55 mm lens shot at f/4 for 1/125 sec. So there's more than enough light to capture the glowing ice and if you step back or zoom out, you can keep the background dark with a little - exposure compensation to really isolate the sculptures.


DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment