2017-01-09

Photo of the Week 2017-01-09


I love photographing landscape and nature but regular forays into other genres with different subject matter helps me to exercise my creative muscles. For me they key is to be open to opportunities and recognize or orchestrate them as they present themselves.

... case in point, during everyday conversation recently, Lynn mentioned that a friend of hers from work was getting two new horses, Rocky Mountain Horses. Now although I had heard of them before, I went to the internet to see if they were what I thought and they were. Sooooo .... I asked Lynn to check with her friend and see if it would be OK for me to drop in on the weekend to photograph them.

The friends graciously accepted my request and after our stop at the local market on Saturday morning, in -18*C temperatures, we headed out to the farm where I got to meet Megan, Gunner, Emma and Donna.

Tammy's Herd
I enjoyed the interaction with these beautiful animals, so curious and social. I think Donna was flirting with me, giving me the eye in this next image. What do you think?

flirting
While we were there, we had a tour of the barn and there are always great details in a barn. In this case I was drawn to some tack hanging near a window where I made the image below.
 

tack
I'm very grateful to Tammy and Chad for their hospitality and hope to be returning at some point to shoot, maybe when the snow is flying.


DJE

1 comment: