2016-02-22

Photo of the Week 2016-02-22

Following up on last week's post, I've continued to work through the series of images I created during my winter trek to Indian Head Cove. I also visited the Bruce Peninsula again this past weekend, but oh how conditions had changed. Temperatures were more spring-like than winter-like and instead of snow, it rained during one morning hike. So, it's back to the image collection from last weekend for this week's image. 

After spending some time photographing the grotto and cove areas with the shallows showing off the iconic Georgian Blue waters, I wanted to have Lynn make a photo of me standing out on the escarpment edge to use as my facebook cover. I got her set up and trekked along the trail a bit before bushwacking through some deeper snow and up the rocks where I posed for the shots (you can see those on my DJEngland Photography facebook page at least for a while). As I turned to leave, I was drawn to see what was around the corner. There's always something just around the corner you know, or at least that's how it can feel sometimes. Not far from where I had been, this was the view ...

cold cliffs II
... so I turned my camera to the cliff faces for a few more shots before we left. I was glad to have worn my snowshoes, or at least to have the crampons digging into the ice on top of the escarpment cliff for secure footing when I made this image looking south-east near halfway rock point.

DJE

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Venturehomes.ca !
      I truly love the scenery up on 'the Bruce'
      Cheers!
      DJE

      Delete