2016-02-08

Photo of the Week 2016-02-08

With nothing specific planned for a weekend photo outing, I started looking for places to go while having my second coffee of the morning. Now awake, I realized that I really needed to get out for some fresh air and scratch the photographic itch.

For a while now I've been meaning to hit the trails around Silvercreek Conservation Area in search of some smaller waterfalls and cascades. So on a clear, bright day, well after the best light of 'golden hour' had given way to the harshness of mid-day sun. In no rush, I cruised back roads that I'd not seen in a while. Scenes drifted by, memories stirred and familiarity slowly returned ... as I approached my destination.

Gearing up, I quickly wished I had anticipated conditions and brought my ice spikes but headed down the closed concession road with the refreshing sound of water cascading down all around. I was surprised to find two creeks falling over the face limestone ledges, before joining together and heading off down the rock strewn gully.

Along Snow Creek
After making my way down to the trail access, I spent a long time scrambling over the rocks along the sides of the creek, making images of the ice forms hanging from rocks, limbs and branches over the water. It really is relaxing and rejuvenating when I immerse myself totally in the pursuit of that 'one image'.

Standing to stretch my back after all the bending, hunching, kneeling and hanging from tree trucks and branches, it was the view back upstream to the footbridge that spoke to me most of my time at this lovely little spot.

DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment