2012-08-20

Photo of the Week 2012-08-20

Where do all the photos go?

Thanks to attending a 50th Anniversary Celebration where there were boards filled with photos of family moments, family snapshots if you will, that have resided in albums, shoe boxes, photo lab envelopes and lord knows what else for ... well decades, I have been stirred to make a committment to print one such snapshot from my digital libraries each week as a 4x6. Although I print my more "artistic" work often and even frame and hang a lot for personal display, I have not printed the more family related images with any regularity.
Today I started with an image of my youngest son, Jordan, taken while we were visiting my mother on her birthday recently. He was just sitting there listening to the conversation and I said " ... just sit there like that, now look at me ...  ".


"J" 2012-08-06

Click! And there you have it. A little more than a snapshot, but family moment for the archives, printed and now I need to find a shoebox ...


DJE

1 comment:

  1. Ian Frazer, Victoria BC20 August 2012 at 10:12

    Last year was Veronica's 90th. I ended up with the task of scanning ~300 pictures, slides, and negatives supplied from various shoe-boxes, old albums, and "bottom of the drawer" locations.

    Taking the time to regularly digitize pictures & record the people who are in our lives is important. Especially for the photographers among us. You never know when a picture becomes much needed.

    ReplyDelete