2012-08-10

Emma

I'm not sure if it's the hot dry weather we've been having around Southern Ontario lately but there seems to be an abundance of Queen Anne's Lace around. Everywhere I look it's growing in small roadside patches, empty lots or whole fields. Seeing so much if it planted an idea in my mind for a photograph, but I would need a willing model and a young girl at that. Fortunately a friend on Lynn's has a lovely daughter and was gracious enough to agree to let me photograph her.

Not only did I want to follow thorough and create images based on a concept, I also wanted to set out with a location, model and specific purpose in mind to get the experience. Here are some results.













 I'm very grateful to Marcy and Matt for their permission to post a few images from the session ... and my special thanks to Miss Emma for helping me out.

DJE

2 comments:

  1. Andrea Cartwright10 August 2012 at 08:43

    Gorgeous shots...sweet girl...!! Lovely..lovely...I have always loved Queen Annes Lace....these photos brought a smile to my face on a dreary Friday morning!!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed the pictures, Doug. Wonderful work! So much beauty and gentleness.
    =HB=

    ReplyDelete