2012-07-02

Photo of the Week 2012-07-02

This past week has provided some welcome time off. It's been a busy and stressful time over the last 6 months. Now, with my mother settled in at a new location, her health needs looked after 24/7 by great medical staff and personal support workers and the first round of semi-annual inspections completed for work, Lynn and I could finally take a week to unwind.

Plans for a trip down east didn't pan out so we settled on heading up north to the Collingwood area, a location that we both enjoy. Lynn made the arrangements and we enjoyed great food, a eucalyptus steam room, a therapeutic duo-massage and a couple of awesome sunsets.

A Craigleith Sunset
Photographically, sunsets can be kind of cliche but I will never tire of feeling I get watching the sky fill with colour as the sun drops lower and lower.

On an earlier outing, Lynn and I had noticed an area of shoreline just east of Craigleith Provincial Park with a narrow strip of exposed limestone that would be perfect for an evening walk.


The rock shoreline provided many options to include foreground elements in my images. There were large solitary blocks of stone, fracture lines and interesting patterns.

One area of the shoreline in particular came to life as the warm glow of the sun highlighted the wet textured surface. I positioned myself to compose the frame with lines in the foreground and middle ground leading toward the setting sun and lowered myself to get the right amount of reflection off the rock surface.

DJE  

1 comment:

  1. Wow.. stunning shot Doug!!I know the area well...

    ReplyDelete