2011-04-04

Photo of the Week 2011-04-04

South Baymouth Lighthouse 2010

I was going through my library of images looking for one to make a birthday card from for my son Matt's birthday and I came upon this from my trip to Manitoulin last year.

I had planned some extra time on Manitoulin Island at the end of a business trip. Staying Friday night and Saturday morning before catching the ferry to Tobermorey was supposed to give me plenty of time and opportunity for some photography.

I did manage to spend the latter part of Friday afternoon and the evening shooting at various locations on the island. Saturday morning proved to be a bust for the most part. Bad weather had moved in and it was raining heavy when I started out from my hotel in Mindemoya towards Little Current in search of something to shoot. I remember getting soaked while out of the vehicle for 10 minutes or so trying to make some images before deciding to head to the ferry dock at South Baymouth.

I hoped that the weather would clear and I would have opportunity to shoot after getting something for breakfast. The news at the ferry dock was ... well ... disappointing. I took this just after being informed the ferry crossings for the day had been cancelled due to high wind .... oh joy. Photo opportunities of and from the ferry
M.S. Chi-Cheemaun replaced by 6 hrs of driving to get home, in crappy weather. At least I got one keeper ...

DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment