2011-02-13

Photo of the Week 2011-02-14

farm in a snow squall


I had occasion to be driving through Durham Region on Saturday and although there were times when the sun was shining and patches of blue sky were visible, for the most part there were snow squalls and white outs as the a cold winter wind swept the landscape.

On my way to meet up with my mother, I decided to take a more scenic route than I normally would have. The squalls made for some tense driving conditions. I did not stop to photograph and still ended up taking more time than I had expected to reach my destination. On the way home, I retraced some of my earlier route hoping for similar conditions. Although not quite as dramatic, the snow was whipping around and I was able to stop (safely) and make a few images before ultimately heading home.

white out


DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment