2010-09-05

Photo of the Week 2010-09-06

A recent business trip took me to Northern Ontario and ultimately Manitoulin Island where I had been only once before, many years ago. I decided to stay an extra day to use up some vacation time touring the area and making time for photography along the way. As luck would have it the weather was not exactly what I had hoped for but it cooperated enough for me to get some images from the trip.

An exhibition at the McMichael Gallery in Kleinburg ON, that I mentioned in a previous
blog entry, provided an opportunity to view some photographs of the magnificent scenery of the La Cloche Mountains depicted in many iconic Canadian paintings by artists such as A. J. Casson. The most beautiful areas are only accessible by hiking or canoe. I did manage to get some scenic landscape shots to whet my appetite. This images is taken just off Highway 6 on the Willisville Road on the way to Little Current. I can only imagine what the view would be like from the adjacent peak.

La Cloche Scenery


I'll see if I can get some other images from the trip up in a mid-week post.

DJE


No comments:

Post a Comment